Group Head of Sustainability, London, UK (more info)
Leadership & Strategy
- Define and deliver the overall sustainability / ESG strategic plan development and implementation across the global organisation, working closely with colleagues in Group functions and all regional Divisions to ensure alignment with business strategy
- Serve as subject matter expert in sustainability / ESG strategy and reporting for the Group. Untangle potentially complex and misguided information into compelling strategy, communication and value propositions
- Provide counsel and support to the Group executive team in their external stakeholder engagements
- Support the global and regional sustainability / ESG communications cascade in a highly regulated environment to support the organisation’s ambition to be a leader
- Maintain awareness of evolving stakeholder requirements, ensuring strategy and reporting meets stakeholder needs and add value to the Group
- Articulate a compelling narrative to engage and empower a varied group of external stakeholders, including Regulators, NGOs and Multistakeholder organisations
- Be an ambassador of change, driving purpose-led messaging and ensuring it is embedded across all functions and communications channels, particularly with Regulatory and Corporate Affairs
Reporting & Policy Development
- Develop and manage data-driven sustainability / ESG goals, milestones, metrics and governance systems alongside robust and engaging communications
- Maintain awareness of global sustainability / ESG trends and tools, metrics and KPIs and share updates and implications with the broader Sustainability team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to successfully influence senior executives and external stakeholders, create a clear narrative to support strategy
- Strong analytical skills and commercial acumen, ability to see the bigger picture
- Detail orientated, ability to find creative solutions to complex problems, take the initiative and drive change
- Ability to inspire and educate non ESG experts and engage them to support the strategy, break down complex data and communicate in a language which will resonate, using flexible communication styles
- High energy and drive, ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with the resilience to challenge and be challenged
Sustainability Officer, Hong Kong (more info)
- To assist the Sustainability Manager in the implementation, monitoring, and communication of the BEA Group’s sustainability programme.
- To support the Group’s environmental, social, and governance (“ESG”) data collection and reporting
- To analyse ESG gaps through stakeholder engagement, ESG reporting, and disclosure exercises, address transparency gaps through improved disclosure
- To coordinate Group-wide data collection and development for the annual ESG report, the Sustainability Section of the Group’s Interim and Annual Report, and related website content.
- To maintain relationships with external parties including ESG consultants, ESG ratings agency representatives, non-governmental organisations, sustainability practitioners.
- To participate in ad-hoc projects
- University degree, major in environmental management, sustainability, social science or related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience
- Sound knowledge of ESG-related issues and development, ESG reporting and disclosure, with a passion for sustainability;
- Strong research and analytical skills with excellent attention to details
- A team player with good interpersonal and communications skills;
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Chinese word-processing; and
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese including Cantonese and Putonghua.